This year, Mom is doing Thanksgiving and we are having some family over to celebrate with us. However, not everyone invited is blood related. I have learned that they don't have to have DNA similarities order to be considered family.
I am thankful for my parents, my brother and my extended family. As annoying my parents may be, I know they mean well. With all the added stress my brother gives me, I still love him. As for my extended family members. They are playing a bigger role in my life: giving me advice, taking an interest in me and supporting me where no one else understands.
I am thankful for my "god" family: Godfather, Godmother and Godsister. They love me, spoil me and support me. I honestly don't need to say more because my love for them isn't any less than the love I have for my biological family.
I am thankful for my friends. Sometimes people you aren't related to are the ones that understand you the best. I am grateful that I have always had friends that believe in me, even when I do not believe in myself.
I am thankful for my new family at school: my roommate, my building mates, my classmates. I spend 95% of my time in Newark and I spend 100% of my time there with great people.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Spend it with people you love and that love you.
Lastly, I am thankful for good health or none of these memories would be possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment