I have never been a big person into the Christianity religion. But I saw today that Lent is tomorrow. I do not understand the this practice, but I do know you are suppose to commit to giving up something. So I decided that I will try it out this year and give up my guilty pleasure for Lent. The idea of not spend any money is actually near impossible. Instead, I selected two general groups that I spend way too much on: clothes and scrapbook supplies. So from now and until April 23rd, I am giving up spending money on clothes and craft supplies for Lent. I will commit myself the next 46 days to complete this challenge. Wish me luck!
On to my layout....
I received news from my Mom recently that my Cousin Carmen is pregnant. The family is growing so quickly. Like I mentioned, all my cousins are getting married. Some even have children already. I can recall days that my Cousin Carmen was in high school and we would just talk about boys. Now she is a lawyer, married and going to have a baby.
This is a very very very old layout. So old that the picture is also about 5 years old. In the picture is Baby Justin, who is definitely no longer a baby. He was one or so when we took that picture back in 2006. My family and I went to California to visit family. But I remember around when I made it. The biggest hint is the amount of punch outs I used in the layout. I went to Michaels and Amazing Savings around the similar time and went crazy buying punch outs. I love the little-foot punch out to give an image of the baby's little feet . The stars are from patterned paper; I was able to find a star punch out and used the punch on the pattern sheet to punch out the stars the paper already had on it. As for the flowers, I found an idea to make flowers from a heart punch out. I was able to group the hearts together to create a multi-petal flower. The layout is so old that I do not know what I used in it. Hope ya'll forgive me.

Family grows so quickly! My dad has lots of brothers and sisters, so I have a TON of cousins - now they found me on FB and I've getting a million requests, which is cool, but I don't know them, haha!
ReplyDelete