Friday, February 24, 2012

Gloomy Weather

It is so unfortunate that so many factors attribute to our emotions: hormones, diet, people, ... WEATHER. Today looks so gloomy and creates a sluggish feeling for me, how about you? Still, I am going to go about my day with my to do list. First one on my list is to participate in the Challenge Week With Guest Designer Shannon Tidwell. I do not have many Bella Blvd materials so I am going to be using a lot of my other products. It wasn't a rule to specifically use its products, so I apologize in advance for not doing so because I have a feeling we are suppose to.

Bella Blvd is running a week long challenge and today post was the finally challenge. For some reason,  Saturday's Challenge looks a lot easier than the other 4 so I did this challenge first. Day 5 Challenge: Use Punched Circles:


I made this for my Cousin Carmen baby boy, Jake. She hasn't even seen this layout yet. I made the punch circles from various black and white pattern paper. I like my color scheme of black, white and purple, so I stuck to it as much as possible. I did use a bit of beige on the picture corners and on the twine I used to border the page. The punched circles helped me make the background more lively. The letter stickers bordering the photo for Jake and his grandpa was entirely luck. You know when you have left over alphas and you cannot spell anything else with them? That was my case here. I thought I would use them for the border around the photo. However, I did not count them before I started the process so I was not sure if I had enough until the very end. Clearly, I did not plan ahead enough for that, but it worked out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment