Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Participating in Lent

I am not religious; but when Ash Wednesday arrives, I like to take part in Lent. There is a more specific purpose to Lent within the Christian practices, but to keep things simple, I interpret it as such: to give up a pleasure for 40 days.

Last year, I chose to not spend any money on clothes. I think I didn’t make it because I spent like 8 cents or something like that. This year, I will commit to not spending money on clothes and scrapbooking materials. However, I have a feeling I may not be able to stick to it because I still have not used my birthday coupon from Anthropologie. Who knows what I will find.

I feel like this should not be too hard because I do not have any money left to spend anyway. Also, I have received multiple presents this month. They will hold me over until April 5th. I cannot compete with these scrappers that have a small budget to spend on brand new items. I do not think I ever scrapped with the intent to have the newest stuff. My materials come from the discounted stores like Amazing Savings and clearance sections of A.C.Moore and Michaels. Never had I felt the push or the need to buy the full price items, until now. Unfortunately, I do not have the small fortune to go buy the new items every season. I could purchase a few things, but there are so many different brands that it is slightly overwhelming to choose one. Until I can find a job to fund my hobby, I do not think I can attempt anymore challenges. Looking back, it may have already affected my buying habits. This peer pressure is one I will not continue to cave on. Getting publish may have to take a back seat for a bit. I do not want to take the fun away from this hobby of mine. I am proud of the work I do and enjoy every minute of it. This makes me reassess the goals I have set for myself the next year.

I may have disappeared for a while, but I have been hard at work. For the next bunch of posts, I have a bunch of new tool reviews and a bunch of new layouts to share. I will conclude this entry with a picture I intend to scrap. I just have not gotten around to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment