Sunday, January 15, 2012

Catching Hawaiian Waves

Today we ventured out to the North Shore Area. Martin and I had purchased a Groupon for a surfing lessons. Yes, I said surfing lessons...and I would like to make clear that our money was not wasted. Our instructor brought us out to an area where beginners could learn in, Puaena Point Beach Park. It is located in a historical town called Haleiwa. We chose not to rent a car, so it took us 1.5 hours to get there by bus from Waikiki. We even passed the Dole Pineapple Plantation on the way.



Martin was more successful on his first try than me, but I did not fail. I was able to stand up after a few more tries. Surfing is extremely tiring, but you'd be surprised that the paddling is what tires out the surfer more. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get any pictures.

Later we went and had shaved ice at Masumoto. Martin and I shared a large one. Super yummy and soothing after all that activity.




No comments:

Post a Comment