Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hilly San Francisco

I am encountered some push back from my body for this trip. My eyes are red and sore but I am not tired. From Sunday night into a Monday morning, I slept a total of twelve hours, but my eyes would not stay open and my squinting is causing me headaches. That is why I am a bit behind on the regular entry. Regardless, Martin and I are continuing our relaxing and fun vacation. 


On Sunday, we walked all the way from our hotel located downtown to Fisherman's Wharf. Yes, we walked. How long? You ask. It took us over an hour. There were three massive hills that we have to climb and descend. Along the way we stopped at Lombard Street. It is known to be the "crookedest street". We also stopped at Ghirardelli Square only because I remember my uncle taking my family there the first time I visited San Francisco. 

Warm enough to be in a tank top
 

We had the popular clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl along the Fisherman's Wharf. Most of our time was spent wandering Pier 39 and sitting in the sun. The sea lions were out by the pier as well for us to see. All the time was being spent before our next Groupon activity: boat tour around the Bay. Thank goodness it was only an hour and a half long, because the last time I went on a whale tour I became extremely seasick. The view gave us fantastic photo spots. We conclude the day earlier than usual, but I had no complaints because I was extremely exhausted. 


Yummy! Calm Chowder.


Lazy Bums.
In the Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment