Saturday, January 25, 2014

Zori's 32nd Birthday

Did anyone else take advantage of the massive Black Friday sale at Studio Calico? Because I sure did! They were offering five dollar scrapbook kits. Next year I think I may buy more; but, it depends on how I progress with the five kits I purchased myself. Hopefully, Studio Calico does it again next year. I wanted to make a ton of layouts with one kit; after four pages with the Double Scoop kit, I was out of alpha stickers to make titles. The test run was to limit myself to using only what the kit included. Besides the ink I needed in order to use the stamp, everything else was in the kits. Four pages is not as many as I hoped it would produce, but once I pick a new set of alpha stickers to use with the kit, I am sure I will be able to create a few more.

This was the very first one I made. It took me awhile to feel comfortable cutting right into a full 12x12 sheet to use as smaller pieces for the full page. When I made this, I was also trying to go for simplistic and neutral color combo. It was at this point I realized it wasn’t my style. I admire people that can create gorgeous pages with a lot of white space and minimal supplies and make it look amazing. For the life of me, I did not feel my page is complete if it doesn’t have enough stuff or color. I love color. To go from lots of color and patterns to just white and neutral may have been a giant leap my creativity was not ready for. Overall, I think it turned out well and it fulfills my need to cover the page. The next few layouts will look more like me. There is a lot more color!


No comments:

Post a Comment