Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dear Twenty-Fourteen,

Twenty-Thirteen left quietly in the night and left you on the door step. I was not sure what to do with you when you first arrived. I was not ready. It took me more than a few weeks to sort all the things I needed to do in order to take care of you. But you were kind and gave me time to figure us out. You crawled slowly so I can organize myself and my thoughts on how I was going to do this. The list looks endless; and, there still are many things to tackle before I feel comfortable holding you in my arms. Regardless, I think I am ready. I am ready for the resolutions I have set for you and me this year. Like everyone has been thinking in his head, “This is the year.” This is the year to try, to fail, to try again, to fail again and to hopefully succeed. I am telling you and the world that I am extremely exhausted and terrified. I am exhausted and terrified because Twenty Thirteen left me in shambles of lost goals, diminishing self-confidence, no direction and a broken heart. But now, you are walking slowly with me picking up all these scattered pieces Twenty-Thirteen left behind. There is no way for me to share my appreciation for you other than to say that this is going to be our year. It is going to be just me and you to make the changes we want to see as we also approach another milestone in a couple of weeks. I hope you will run with me as I charge forward with my heart embracing more challenges and failures that I know only you would bring me. Hold my hand tightly Twenty-Fourteen; because we are going to need each to get through the next year.

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment