Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Magical NYC

About a year ago, I had moved home from New York City. For the summer, I apartment sat with Martin on Fifth Ave. It was quite an adventure. We probably should have gone out more often, but last summer was crazy hot and humid; we preferred to stay in. One night when we did go out, we went to a roof top bar and had this gorgeous view of the Empire State Building. There is always this magical thing about New York City. I am sure if you got rid of everything I disliked about the city: crowds of people/tourists, traffic congestion, high cost of living; It wouldn't be the city many of us love.


For this layout, I wanted to scrap my stash and I have a lot of stash to rid of. So I picked an embellishment that I had way too much of and rarely ever use: Brads. Most of the time, I use about three to a page; it adds a bit of dimension. It takes forever to get through the whole box full that it comes in. Rummaging through, I picked an assortment of brads with a color scheme of pink and red; and eventually, I added silver and white to the mix too. The picture was adhered to the center of the scalloped die-cut.  I used my big crop-a-dile to make holes and inserted the brads one by one. After it was completed, the back looked crazy with the tails flatten. I glued the scalloped die-cut to a 12 x 12 patterned paper to make sure the back of my layouts was not going to be covered in brad tails.



No comments:

Post a Comment