Saturday, September 28, 2013

Birthday Gifts

It is nice to be not forgotten. In a previous post, I mention how I spent my 25th birthday away from home. I was fortunate to host a dinner for a few in my apartment. Even though I had moved, I received presents in the mail. One of the coolest gifts was from Kelly Purkey, who is a friend of Grams. It was a box of scrapbooking goodies- some of her stamps which are to die for. Mommy of course never forgets my birthday and had hers arrive the day of in my mail box. Clearly an expert in her industry- she works for the United States Postal Service. Two more from my invitees for dinner the eve of my birthday: my cousins and Kimmy. Grace, my cousin in law, got me some goodies from Paper Source and Kimmy tempted me with a gift card to Anthropologie. Last, but not least, Martin's cooking class in D.C. 


I wanted to make it festive and decorative. So I used washi tape to create flag like tabs and hung them off of a brown washi shelf. I have been trying to use a sticker from Little Yellow Bicycle Sentiments- Enjoy. It was appropriate for this layout. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend – signing off to have brunch with my Godfather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment