Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To Be Grateful

Every now and then I hit a low. Today a quick set of negative thoughts ran through my head:
I dislike how I have allergies.
I dislike how far I have to drive to work.
I dislike how my eyes are easily infected.
I dislike my boyfriend being so far away.
I dislike how I have so little vacation days.
I dislike how small my room is.
I dislike how expensive NJ turnpike tolls are.
I dislike how I get bug bites.
I dislike how I feel fat.
I dislike how I didn't travel much when I was in college.
and so forth...

But I countered just as quickly with positive thoughts:
I have a roof over my head.
I have food to eat. 
I have a job.
I have a paycheck every two weeks.
I have a car to drive.
I have a family to be a part of.
I have an awesome boyfriend.
I have money to spend.
I have money saved up. 
I have my mom making lunch and dinner. 
I have my dad doing my laundry.
and so forth...
Life really isn't that bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment