Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy 200th Post!

This is my 200th post, that means I have 100 left to write before I meet my goal of 300 entries written before my 25th birthday. It is also exactly one month after my birthday, so I have exactly eleven months to write 100 blog posts. This is going to an interesting attempt.

I made the page below for a submission for the GCD Studios Design Team. That crosses another item off my goal list for 25 things before 25. This picture was chosen because I really liked it. It was taken of me when Martin and I went to Hawai'i. Another side of me can be seen here; the free spirit side and happy, bubbly side.This page is a bit full, but I really wanted to over embellish because that is what I like to do when I do self reflecting pages.



I tried to do some journaling. I took some of my favorite quotes and incorporated them into the entry as well: I think I have grown in the last year and a half. When I say ‘grown’, it is in the sense that I have discovered more about myself. I have discovered more of who I am and who I want to be. It takes courage to grow up and be who you really are. And yes, I have made many mistakes, but life didn’t come with instructions. And I will always laugh my heart out, dance in the rain, cherish every moment and smile through the pain. I will LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, forgive and forget; because life is too short to be living with any regrets. Every morning when I wake up, I tell myself to be awesome. Because I have made a choice: I choose to be happy today and every day after.

I was silly; but, I decided to use a phrase rub-on. Specifically LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE one in the middle of my journaling. I had to leave enough space for it when I printed so the rub-on. After I printed and rubbed the phrase on, I realized I could have just picked a different font and had it bold to create the same effect. 

 

1 comment: