Saturday, July 2, 2011

Long time in the making

I have had this layout all plan out in my back pocket for awhile, but I never finished it. This event was from over a year ago when I went to my first circus show. I was very excited about it because I even wrote a short blog mention in my A Fun Day in the City entry.

For this layout, I tried a new medium. I have a large transparency over the entire pattern paper background. The pictures are attached to the patterned paper. My biggest concern was to figure out how to hide the attachment method. I will let you in on my secret; it is hidden under the butterflies. Butterflies were placed on top of the transparency and the glue and sticky stuff is underneath. The butterflies were a prop from the show. At the end of the show, they threw butterflies confetti at us, so I grabbed a few to add three dimensional touch to it. The tickets are the ones we used to get into the huge circus tent at Randall's Island. Good memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment