Friday, April 1, 2011

My Pursuit of Happyness

It's all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.~ Philip Green

Starting the MBA program gave me the opportunity to reinvent myself. I could be anyone I wanted to be or wanted my classmates to think I was. No one knew much of my messy history, drama filled relationships or my academic career. My name was Mandy and I was a brand new person. However, a semester and a half later, I realized that I was still the same old me. Nothing really changed, I didn't magically become a more out-going or out spoken.

What I did do, was rearrange my life. I slowly learn to re-prioritize the different aspect of my life I wanted to keep. I was working and still working on finding a balance between schooling, relaxing, socializing, meeting people, making time for myself and family and anything else I wanted to squeeze in.

When I finally made a decision last January about what kind of a person I needed in my life, I anticipated the void would not be filled for awhile. I will admit, I did not stop looking, but I did not go hunting for someone to fill that gap either. I appreciated that I was doing all right on my own and that I had supportive friends and family around me. Six months ago, I integrated an aspect back into my life that I was not sure if I was really ready for. Now six months later, I am glad I did and I am enjoying every moment of it.


Materials:
Making Memories Sabrina Decadent  Edges
Making Memories Sabrina Tiny Alphas
Making Memories Slice
K&Company LLC Smitten Heart Stripe Flat Paper
Target $1 Paper Lace Heart
EK Success Phrase Cafe

1 comment: