Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Saturdays Can Bring

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau

For the next coming two months, I will be on my toes waiting for any company to give me an interview. Anyone to give me a chance to prove my worthiness of receiving a job offer. I was joking with my classmate Dave, who has already received an offer and waiting for some more, telling him that God has given me a more difficult path in terms of finding an internship. God did this only because he knows I can handle it. If this was only true, this hunt for a summer internship has been a roller coaster. Thinking about the interview scares me too. If I could only be little again...

When I was little, I dreaded Saturdays. While all my friend basically had the weekend off, I had to go to Chinese school on Saturday morning for 3 hours. This was my life for ten years. I do not think I ever knew what a weekend was suppose to feel like. I only knew of Sunday. As I grew older the more friends I made, the more fun the weekend was. I was one of the youngest in the group. With a blink of an eye, it is now eight years later and we all are in our twenties. For a few occasions we have get together with our Chinese school principal, Ms. Chan. We have another one coming up in March. Hopefully school does not boggle me down and I can attend this get together.   


Our reunions happened at Essex Restaurant (Bottom Left) and Bar 89 ( Top Right). Sometimes there is a bigger turn out than others. We all still have fun regardless. I had scrap-lifted this layout from someone a long time ago; the semicircles are complementing the pictures. I have discovered a new love for brown. Ever since I saw a home make over show, where they turned color scheme in the bathroom to blue and brown, I think the brown matches with all pastels. Love it! If you can't tell already, I am addicted to my buttons. In a previous layout, I had done the button trail with flowers. I had bought these cute brown embellishments from Amazing Savings. I do not know why, but I think I am skewed shopper. I think that Amazing Savings is cheaper than the sale section at A.C.Moore. But it may not be true if I compare what I have purchased in terms of size and bulk. Maybe I should start tracking what I spend and how much these layouts cost me.

Materials:
Making Memories Pink Gingham Pattern Paper
Jolee's Corner Sticko 
Rain Date Cloud 9 Design
White Blossom Sparkle stickers letter
White Blossom Sparkle sticker border

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy! I didn't know you had a blog too. I wish I still scrapbooked. This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete