Sunday, February 27, 2011

Warming the House

Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in. ~Robert Frost


Over the summer, I stayed in Edgewater with two friends. They had moved into the apartment not too long before I had joined the group. They did not have a house warming party until almost a few months after moving in. Not only that, when I went to go see the apartment they had gotten the furniture only the day before. I was there when they decided to throw this party.

Because it was a party, I thought it had to be colorful. This apartment was a pretty tall building, that is why I stacked the pictures on top of each other. It looks like an apartment building, right? Back in the day, people use to hang their clothes outside on lines to dry. That is the memory I wanted to depict with the title of the layout "Housewarming Party". I also just realized in the our first date layout I also had buttons running along the bottom of the page. I really like my buttons. When I look at my layouts compared to other peoples, I feel very stingy with my materials. I keep my layouts really plain. I do consider myself creative, but when I look at other layouts, the details, layers, textures their layouts are more in depth and meticulous. My only attempt to embellish this page was with the flower stickers.

Materials:
Making Memories Mat Stack Brights
Making Memories Aplha Fetti Stickers
Sticko Buttons Up

1 comment: