Friday, February 4, 2011

Two - Three

Recently, I saw on a friend's status "Today my life begins" ~ Bruno Mars. I decided to listen to it and loved it. It is so easy to relate to; anyone that hears it most likely will feel the same about how his life has been the last year. There are always going to be ups and downs, in the end it is your choice in how you live your life.

"I will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me
Leave the past behind me, today my life begins
A whole new world is waiting it's mine for the taking
I know I can make it, today my life begins"

Blog Lifting off of Grams and her list on her blog for her Birthday. 23 things that happened in the last year. My life is not as exciting as some people's. In order to complete this list, I went back to my journals and reread my entries to remember. They are listed in chronological order to the best of my ability.
  1. Got into an MBA program
  2. Saw 4 Broadways, 1 Off-Broadway ( Phantom of the Opera, Promises Promises, Avenue Q, Love Never Dies, Mary Poppins)
  3. Learned to let loose and have fun with engineering classmates on Thursday nights
  4. Learned to move on, let go, be happy again
  5. Selected my design for the School of Engineering Open House t-shirt
  6. Invited to the Dean's Dinner
  7. Graduated Rutgers Engineering
  8. Dinner at Eleven Madison Square Park with Grams and Dad
  9. Saw my first circus show: Cirque du Soleil - Ovo
  10. Moved to Edgewater for the summer
  11. Interned in NYC for Department of Design and Construction
  12. Shook hands with Mayor Giuliani
  13. Watched the 4th of July fireworks over the Hudson
  14. Cruised around NYC in the Spirit of New York
  15. First Vacation Cruise to Canada
  16. Moved to Newark
  17. First semester of full time business school
  18. Learned that I cannot cook
  19. Introduced myself to my love for baking cupcakes
  20. Blessed with a Great Roommate- Diana
  21. Made awesome new business school friends
  22. Met Martin
  23. Trip to Europe: United Kingdom and Germany

My birthday started out better than I anticipated. I had an evening baking green tea cupcakes with my friend Lena. Then Diana came back from class and Mike came over for some sparkling apple pomegranate juice before midnight.  Martin has a competition tomorrow so I did not anticipate him coming over tonight to join the mini celebration. But he sneaked in with the help of my roommate, Diana, and surprised me with flowers. Diana also made me an awesome birthday sign for my door. 



With two very lovely presents I wasn't expecting, I think the rest of my day will only continue to get better.

1 comment:

  1. yay, there's the better attitude! i think it will get better too :D

    ReplyDelete