Sunday, November 7, 2010

Eat, Eat and Eat Some More

Today was another glorious "get fatter" day. We started today off with breakfast. When I saw the menu at the downstairs cafe with White Hot Chocolate, I knew immediately what I was having. Unfortunately, the barista heard me incorrectly and made me a White Chocolate Mocha. For those that do not know, I hate coffee. I don't ever go near it. But I drank some of it and let the cup keep my hands warm as we traveled to the JFK Library.

Dad is teaching me how we were going to use the T.
If you can handle the NYC subway, you can definitely handle the Boston underground rail system. A friendly transit worker explained to us how to purchase a Charlie Card. The cards remind me the Hong Kong's Octopus Card. There is a smart chip in the card and that is how the scanners read them. The Charlie card is going to be saved and used for my scrapbook layout. We rode the T and a shuttle to get to the Library. Now, when I think of library, I think of rows and rows of books. There were not as many books as I thought there would be. Dad explained to m later that it really was a museum. A historical museum entirely about John F. Kennedy. Not exactly my idea of fun when I go tour a city. But it was important to Dad that we went, so for the hour we were there, I chose to love history. It was unfortunate that we were only able to stay an hour. The travel time was longer than we anticipated  and we had lunch plans with Dad's former students at 12 pm; we had to cut our stay short.

A few things I like to show and comment on. 

Time has changed, you needed to be 21 to vote back in the day. The age requirement now is 18; I am 22 and I still don't vote.

You thought your hand writting was bad!? Try reading that.

I have this book in the 13th edition. I haven't cracked it open yet.


Met up with more of Dad's students. I got to see Munchkins! Jerry!

We had lunch at a nice restaurant in Havard Square area called Russell House Tavern. I had The Benedict. and of course I polished off my plate. We walked about 200 feet into Havard; I took two pictures and then we walked out. Dad wanted to go to the Havard bookstore; he immediately saw two history books to buy after looking through the first floor. We didn't dare go to the second floor because he was worried he would find more to buy. I found a few books that I may have an interest in reading. If there only were more hours in a day, maybe I would get around to reading books that have nothing to do with my classes. After lunch, we went to Newbury Street. We walked through it pretty quickly because everything was just out of my price range.

This t-shirt made me smile. If it wasn't pink, I probably would have gotten it.

Dinner. Small restaurant, big meal.
I made the reservation to Trattoria di Monica last night for 7:30 pm. We arrived a little bit early. I surely was in for a surprise. When I walked into the restuarant, it was practically a hole in the wall. A maximum space to hold 80 people. They had packed reservations from floor to ceiling. After looking at the menu, I was looking forward to having risotto. I ended up ordering...
Tomato Soup


Squid ink risotto with clams

I also had gelatto for dessert in a smal gellato place call Gigi Gellato. We returned back to the hotel after that because I was pretty tired from all the walking today. Want to hear something ridiculous? I asked if there was a fridge in our room to put my leftovers in. The hotel staff told me it would cost $15 for them to bring me a fridge. I decided to just put the food by the window for a night thinking it would be okay. Guess what I found in the room?! A fridge.

It has been such a long day, but I wanted to post this entry before I went to bed. Don't forget to set your clocks back everybody. Enjoy your extra hour of daylight. Another day of brunch awaits me. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment