Monday, October 11, 2010

A Feeling

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Grouche Marx

On my white board, I wrote my own quote that saids "I choose to be HAPPY today and everyday after." I am slowly starting to believe that happyness is something that you choose to feel. When I feel sad, days drag on; but when I am happy, weeks fly by. I also know that it is easier for people to be positive when things are going well for them. But I definitely know how it feels when your world is falling apart and you feel like you cannot control anything anymore.


I remember the morning I decided to go outside to watch the sun rise along the Hudson River. The night before I couldn't sleep. Probably one of the longer nights of my summer. The previous evening had made me very upset, and I am sure I cried to the point that I ran out of tears. I want to say I was back to normal the next morning, but that did not happen. What I should have done was pick myself up and chose to be happy regardless of any unfortunate events. Life has been slowly improving, and it has been easier to be happy. I am glad that I had the opportunity to see such a pretty sunrise. I am finally catching up to advice that others have been given me for months. Things do turn out for the better.

I have seen so many layouts where people do embellishment collages. I have a hard time picking out various embellishments from different brands and piece them together for a collage. However, with my chocolatiering credit from Crop Chocolate I have been able to buy similar brands with the same theme embellishments. I used Making Memories jigsaw shapes Nuetral and I also had the Making Memories Mat Stack for Neutral too. I really like the choice of red glitter foam alphas also from Making Memories.

Materials:
Paper- MM Mat Stack, Dream Street Paper
Embellishment- jigsaw shapes
Alpha- MM glitter foam alpha stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment