Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Meeting Him

"I might have to wait, I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life" – Michael Buble

I have been waiting for Him to come into my life, but it has not happen yet. Instead, I will go meet everyone else for the time being. This summer's experience has allowed me to meet people I would have never met and to grow closer to people I was never really close to. Never would have thought that I would meet the Mayor of New York City. All I did was say "Hello" and shake his hand. Nothing spectacular. Gracie Mansion is located on the East side; it is quite a long walk to get free food and alcohol, I would say. Nonetheless, I appreciate and commend the Mayor for standing there to shake our hands and to take pictures with us.
We received formal invitations to the barbecue that the Mayor's staff had put together for all the interns of the city's agencies. Of course I took a picture with my fellows interns from DDC. This layout is very organized because I always have too much that I want to put on the page, but I can't fit it all. I found embellishments in my supplies that were super cute. They matched the barbecue theme perfectly. I also grabbed a bumper sticker that they were passing out at the party and made them embellishments too. 
Materials:
Pattern Paper - MM Mat Stack
Embellishments - MM Flocked Die Cuts Summer Fun
Letters - MM Alpha Letters

1 comment: