Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feasting with Great Company

"A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters, and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely. "
- Pam Brown

Who saids, you cannot buy happiness. Buy me food, and it would make me happy. This summer, I spent a lot of my earnings on food. Thank goodness it was good food. If I had to pick one memoriable meal, I had already blogged about it: Eleven Madison Park.Company is particularly important to having a good meal. My god father loves to tell me that "It's just money." More importantly, is that he is in good company.

Once a week, my new suite-mate, Diana, and I would make ourselves a drink, munch on a snack and chat about how our week went. Although we spent a majority of the time together, we are learning so much more when it is just us two girls. It reminds me of what I did over the summer. Once every two weeks, two of my closest girlfriends and I would have a dinner. As busy as we all were, we spent time to catch up on life those few Wednesday evenings.



The pictures were taken at the first two dinners we had together. One was at a Greek Restaurant by 42nd, Dafani: Greek Taverna, and the other was at a Crepe place downtown on William Street, Crêpes du Nord. When I was making the layout, I knew how I wanted to place the pictures. My concern at the time was where to put the title. I like to split the title directly above and below the picture. The swirl is a border sticker, it was added to fill the page horizontally. The more I look at it,  the more it reminds me of the cord of a phone. I will pretend that was my reasoning behind it, it symbolizes chatting and catching up like the old days when we had corded phones and house lines.

Materials:
Flowers- American Crafts Plastic Flowers
Paper- Prima Life Colors
Boarder- White Blossoms Glitter

1 comment:

  1. aw yay, that was a lot of fun.

    hope we can have a reunion soon!

    ReplyDelete