Monday, September 6, 2010

Being Happy

Sometimes, it takes many repetitive conversations for a person to understand and realize how lost they are. About a month ago, I had a big wake up call. Within the span of one evening, four separate conversations with four people, I was reminded what I hadn't been doing the last few months, possibly the last four years. Each friend shared wisdom that slowly brought me back to my reality.

One: I use to pass a billboard on the way home on the west side highway, it states that "Closeness has nothing to do with distance." My true friends will always be there for me regardless how far they physically are.
Two: Why think about things you cannot control?  It does not matter anymore and should not matter.
Three: Don't let anyone define who you are. You are an individual with your own thoughts, wants and needs.
Four: We are happier, we make each other laugh more than they make each other laugh.

Everything except four may be true, but it did put a smile on my face and that's all that matters: Being Happy.

One of those rainy weekends, I was at the apartment by myself. I sat outside on the balcony as it poured; feeling a little bit gloomy myself; I just sat there listening to the rain. Must appreciate everything I have been blessed with and be happy with the path I have chosen.  Because I believe that someday I will know that I made all the right choices to find my happiness. But I will always treasure the simpler and sweeter moments, like seeing a double rainbow as soon as the clouds pass and the sun rays push the stormy clouds aside.

I sketched this layout on a post-it. The outcome is close to how I imagined it would be. I was thrilled when I found that I had patterned paper with the sun in the corner and the rays were spread out throughout the sheet. Splitting the page diagonally looks cooler than dividing it horizontally or vertically. Putting my rainbow pictures in the middle is like merging the sun and the rain together. They are pretty and they make me happy; I am wishing for rainbows.

Materials:
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye - Everyday Tango
Letters - Studio 112
Glitter- Poly Mark

1 comment:

  1. ahh this is maybe one of my favorite layouts of yours.

    ReplyDelete