Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Beginnings

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

When I graduated this past May, the Rutgers Engineering door was slowly closing. Another door opened as it slowly approached the first day of my internship at New York City Department of Design and Construction. No expectations made my internship an interesting ten weeks. More importantly were the relationships I developed with the other interns. The agency was great about setting up seminars and field trips.

Our first seminar was at EL MUSEO DEL BARRIO about participating in service for the city. When we took this picture, I told everyone to pretend we liked each other and that we knew each other. Of course the case was that we didn't barely knew each others' names. The mini shots are of Central Park; they are the corners that I rarely get to see. 

I love collecting memorabilia where ever I go; I picked up the habit of collecting business cards from Grams. At museums, I like to collect all those reading materials that do short descriptions. I couldn't fit them all onto the page but the simple brochure front cover did make it as the title of this layout. 

Materials:
Patterned Paper- Making Memories Mat Stack Brights
Letters- Making Memories Alpha Letters
Ribbon- American Craft 
Dimensional Stickers - Studio 112

1 comment: