Friday, April 23, 2010

Let's Celebrate

There are so many things that should be and need to be celebrated. Unfortunately, circumstances do not always match up with convenience. Today is my wonderful God-father's Birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
He and his students are on their way down to Washington D.C to kick butt in the National IPLE competition. For those that do not know what IPLE is, ( meaning people like me, because I had to ask my God-father for the definition for this posting,) it stands for Institute for Political and Legal Education. My alma mater, East Brunswick High School, has been to the national competition 23 times of the last 24 years. EBHS won first place every year I was in High School. It was definitely something that we were all proud of. My God-father has played a major role in this competition since 1992. Surely, the students are smart and wonderful, but I think my God-father is an awesome teacher and coach. I wish him and the East Brunswick IPLE Team best of luck and I know they will make East Brunswick proud.

The layout is of my attempt surprise birthday dinner I planned for my God-father last year. It was the big five-Oh.  I used my MM slice to make the letters from scraps. My God-sister (no relation to my God-father) and I had a scrapbooking day and I decided to spend the entire time just cutting with my slice (which my God-father got me). I wanted to have a 2 x 3 box structure in the layout.

Materials:
Paper - Doublemates, My Minds Eye
Diecuts - Making Memories
Saying - K & Company
Brad gems - Recollection, Studio 18

No comments:

Post a Comment