Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Experiences I Never Thought I Would Have

So I am trying out to be the student speaker for my graduation this May. I probably won't get it because I am competing with more well-known and popular people. But my friend is right (as she always is), I should try regardless. At least I can say that I tried, even if I don't get selected. There were a thousand things I wanted to talk about and share with my fellow classmates. But clearly they wouldn't care what happened in my life. So I will share it on my blog. When I entered college, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I assumed I would received a degree, I assumed I would graduate. Anything in between was up in the air. I isolated myself the first year and a half. I barely made friends and only knew a small handful of people. Then things turned when I was invited to join Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society). I didn't think I would get much out of it; it was just another thing to put on my resume when I went on interviews. But a slight inclination came through me and I decided to run for a position on board. I won't bore you with the details to how I was such a failure. In the end, I was sort of elected to be the Convention Arrangements Chair. My god was it the biggest wake up call I could have as a junior in college.

I have already shared good memories regarding this Tau Beta Pi incident. But this society has really made a difference in my life. The probability of me being the convention arrangement chair the year it was set to be at Rutgers University could not have come at a better time; and crazy enough, it was an overwhelming experience. I made this layout to remember the professionals that I have met through this society and everything I have learned to be a better manager. As a tribute to Tau Beta Pi, " I learned so much while planning for the National Convention. Thank you Tau Beta Pi for the amazing experience. Tau Beta Pi members are just the most amazing group of people ever!"

You notice the semi circles below the photos? Look familiar? They are from the same patterned paper I cut for the circles on my Not Lucky entry. I love the Making Memories Chloe's Closet letter stickers. I heard other scrapbookers rave about them, but I didn't understand how great they were until I got them for my birthday.

1 comment:

  1. This really was a memorable event. Thanks Tau Beta Pi for making it possible!!

    Would have missed out on really GREAT friends if not for Tau Beta Pi!

    ReplyDelete